Odditorium Or Warlords Of Mars review by The Dandy Warhols

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
The Dandy Warhols: Odditorium Or Warlords Of Mars

Almost breaking away from the trend they were on with their last 3 albums (Come Down, Thirteen Tales Of Urban Bohemia, Welcome To The Monkey House) this album is like a collaboration of the previous works. "Come Down" had a very modern/folk rock feel to it which slowly turned into a very electric synth sounds of "Welcome To The Monkey House." So instead of following a new sound for each album they have more or less combined the varried style of their previous albums.

Anybody body who knows The Dandy Warhols knows the value of simple lyric writing with a big picture behind it. Nothing has changed in this department. It will take many hours with headphones to get everything you need from Courtney Taylor's incredible voice box. With a welth of wisdom and articulated comedy the lyrics do not suffer.

The Dandies are a very personal band so what I say here might be totally different to someones else who get's their music. I just realized the album came out and I bought it on itunes, and I will probably buy the CD as well (gotta support the bands who deserve and need it). It's always hard to pick out certain songs from their CD's and hold them higher than others for they write albums, not songs. I give them a four only because I am such a huge fan of their last 3 CD's it's hard to say that their new one is on par with them. But I know one day I will have listened to it enough times for it to be considered the same way the others are.