One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back review by The Darkness

• Released: Nov 28, 2005
The Darkness: One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back

The spund of this album is definetly origional. From the sitar solo on the title track, to the synth solo on 'Girlfriend'. The heavy riffs are still out there as 'Bald' demonstrates. As I said, the albums sound is different, and it takes a few listens to fully appreciate the music.

The lyrics are, as always, very humerous, but with a deep, odd meaning. 'One Way Ticket' is about cocaine. The only quarrel I have with the lyrics, is I dislike the lyrics on 'Dinner Lady Arms'. But Justin's vocals are nothing, if short, of a well tuned cat on steroids. The singing is very good, and it still causes you to cringe everytime you hear it.

This album rocks. I need not say anything else than that. It is only overshadowed by the darknesses first album, 'Permission To Land'. The best song on the album is definetly 'Girlfriend', with its synth solo and Justin style vocals. The only song that inspires you to headbang, is the main riff to 'Bald'. The only thing I have against the album, is that it sounds better live.

Darkness Rock
    i personally think that both albums are great in their own ways, one way ticket to hell (album) has some addictive and damn cool tracks like 'is it just me?' and 'Girlfriend' etc. the first album has more heavy guitar in the songs like 'I believe in a thing called love' and 'love is only a feeling' songs like that show the true darkness 'Rock 'N Roll' and 'Friday Night is an awesome song Rock On!!!!!
    sampz
    I think that its a great album thats better than there first. Darkness rock!
    pats88
    i reckon one way ticket is better than the first album. i didnt think so at first, but now i definitely do. i loved all the soloing and guitar work of the first album, but the new album is just better in every way.