Permission to Land review by The Darkness

• Released: Jul 7, 2003
The Darkness: Permission to Land

The sound is friggin awesome. I love that "classic" rock sound. It mixes up some of that old-school rock with some modern licks and kicks. If you were not into this kind of music before you buy it, then you will be after listening to awesome songs like "Stuck in a Rut" and "Giving Up".

Well, to be honest with you, I was not pleased at all when I saw the video and heard the lyrics for the first time. Being the Metallica fan that I am, I was used to a deeper vocalist. After listening to the song a couple of times, I had gotten used to it and now I don't know how I ever disliked it. The bottom line is that the lyrics are friggin' awesome!

I Love This Cd! I can play it over and over and never get tired of it. I love the flaming solos that they entangle with heavy riffs. My favorite songs on this album have to be... Every Last One Of Them! I have no negative things to say about this album. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy it again. I have to say that I Strictly listen to rock, and I am pleased to say that "Permission to Land" is among my collection, and it is not going anywhere anytime soon.