Permission to Land review by The Darkness

• Released: Jul 7, 2003
The Darkness: Permission to Land

The 80's glam rock sound is entertaining and even though you think it would get old very quickly it is always entertaining and the high pitched voice of the lead singer NEVER gets old. The guitar solos are amazing and bring to mind the solos of yorn. Ahhh. Sometimes if your in the mood for a more serious song its hard to take the high pitched voice very seriously.

The lyrics of the songs are okay. They definitly could be more thoughtful such as the lyrics of SOME hole songs (NOT "I think that I would die." A song about milk. What the hell was CL on?)The lines are delivered well by the singer and the voice matches the lyrics. They are sometimes depressing because it reminds me of someone I know.

This CD is quite good and competes with any CD anyday. If you like Queen they describe themselves as "The straight Queen" so you would most definitly like the darkness. I love the voice of the main singer and the crazy guitar solos. ALthough sometimes the voice can get old/annoying. Listin to "I believe in a thing called love" and "Get your hands off of my woman" It is definitly worth buying because everybody likes a unisex voice! This is written for someone and she recommended this album to me. As she says "It's one of those ones you have to listin too a few times over." I agree and I hope she enjoys this article.