Permission to Land review by The Darkness

• Released: Jul 7, 2003
The Darkness: Permission to Land

This band features the awesome, high - pitched vocals by Justin Hawkins and a blend of seventies and eighties music. Great sound and yet the topicsof some of the songs weren't great. ex: Growing on Me is all about using heroine. You just don't sing about that in a song.

The lyrics in these songs are very catchy and fresh, such as..." Can't explain all the feelings that you're makin me feel, my hearts in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel." The group are great lyricist, a little too much language for my liking though.

This reminded me of the singing of Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin except about another octave or two higher pitched. The great songs on this album in my opinion were, I Believe in a Thing Called Love, Black Shuck, Growing on Me, and Love on the Rocks With No Ice. I love the guitar solos in this. Very creative. What I Hate about it is the vulgar language, but some people like that i guess. If someone were to steal this album, I would definitely buy it again. It's a great break from all the pop and hip hop that has been blinding the music industry. If you like 70's Rock and Roll, buy this album.