Permission to Land review by The Darkness

• Released: Jul 7, 2003
The Darkness: Permission to Land

I really love this album. The sound is like Thin Lizzy but heavier riffs, of course the vocals and melodies aren't a thing like Thin Lizzy they're real cool and origional. Don't let the high voice of Justin Hawkins fool you he and brother Dan create excellent guitar riffs and solos that are pretty heavy in songs like "Love On The Rocks With No Ice" and "Black Shuck", but then there are less heavy but just as great songs like "Love Is Only A feeling" and "Friday Night". The Darkness bring back the high voices and sweet solos that rock hasn't had in a long time.

Their lyrics are cool and kind of funny. They range from Heroin abuse to The double entendre of "Growing On Me" which you would think is about wanting to get rid of a girlfriend but actually is about Genital warts. Justin Can write lyrics and sing really good I enjoy The Darkness' lyrics.

My overall impression of this album is it's one of the best pure rock albums of all time and it's incredible. The guitar is awsome and Justin and Dan really are very good and came up with my favorite solos of all time. If you like classic rock like Led Zeppelin and those types of bands than you'll really enjoy The Darkness' album "Permission To Land" I don't have any favorite songs because you can listen to the whole thing through 2 times and still enjoy it. If anything ever happens to this album I would get another copy. The only thing that I don't love about this masterpiece is that the titles of the songs take Too long to write!