Permission to Land review by The Darkness

• Released: Jul 7, 2003
The Darkness: Permission to Land

The Darkness is a new band trying to bring the rock back. They have great vocals, two awesome guitarist, a great drummer, and a bassist that can move his fingers. Justin and Dan share solos, but thats ok there is always at least three solos in each song.

There lyrics range from a lot things they wrote. One about a dog attacking a priest, others about drugs. But I'd say most of the songs were love songs. Loud love songs. The singer is a great singer but to say the truth it kinda gets annoying when he uses a really high voice. It's good, but he uses it quite often

I love this album. I wouldn't compare it to Led Zeppelin 2, but I can say if you love rock and roll, it's worth buying. My favorite songs on this Get Your Hands Off My Woman, Black Shuck and I Believe In A Thing Called Love. I love Get Your Hands Off My Woman because it's a great tune with an awesome solo. Black Shuck has a great intro and just a good feel. I Believe In A Thing Called Love is awesome because of the songs 3 solos. They are so awesome. It also has a great outro, and some good lyrics. If it was stolen I would go and buy it again.