Permission to Land review by The Darkness

• Released: Jul 7, 2003
The Darkness: Permission to Land

This album is a very solid album from a very good band. While nowadays the idea of playing a solo is not put to use very much in modern music. The Darkness doesn't care what people say and how disliked they are by the average listener, they're gonna play their style of music. Kudos to them for this. I feel that most new musicians don't put forth as much effort in showcasing their many talents and just play power chord riffs non stop. The Darkness defies this and solo like madmen like it's 1973 and music fans had good taste then. The Darkness is doing something I like, trying to make the classic rock sound mainstream again. I love and 100 percent support the idea of that.

The lyrics are straight out of the '80s. They're all about women and good ole rock n roll. I have never been a fan of this type of lyrical approach. They can have as many mediocre lyrics as they want, the music simply makes up for it.

The overall imoression of this album is to listen to the classics and play skillfully. I love the idea behind this band. I want to abolish the new metal sound (I'm quite unpopular on this site to fans of As I Lay Dying and Underoath) and revive good old classic rock. It won't happen but hey, it's worth a shot. If this album were stolen I'd buy a new one in heartbeat.

EddieVanAidan
    Modernmusich8er
    EddieVanAidan wrote: I know yeh!! There music is very good, even though they sing mostly about love, but still, a very good band. I've seen them live for there new album and they seem like a very fun band to be around with or even tour with! Rock music needs a band like this to get out of this stupid phase when only rap or r'n'b is in the charts.
    Amen To That!!!! have you heard them live, they're great.