Live At Georgia Theatre review by The Derek Trucks Band

The Derek Trucks Band: Live At Georgia Theatre

Derek Trucks is probably one of the best if not the best guitarists of this generation. He plays in his own band rather than with the allman brothers, and his playing certainly takes center stage. His playing ranges from the soulful and delicate "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free" to searing almost duane allman-esque slide licks like in "Leaving Trunk." Great driving bass and drums as well.

Mike Mattison, not Derek Trucks, sings on this album. He has great range as far as the feel of each song is concerned. However, much of the time the other musicians are jamming and some songs are entirely instrumental so if your a jam band guy like me you'll enjoy it but others may get bored.

Its a shame this is an internet only album (you can only get it on itunes or through sony music store) but for the $10 I spent on it on itunes, it is a tremendous value. If my computer crashed I would defintely purchase it again. A lot of the songs are going to be on his next album which comes out february 21, so if you are wary of buying music via the internet defintely get a taste of it through the studio version. There is nothing to complain about, it's just 2 hours of musical bliss. This abnd encompases soul, jazz, blues, and even rock. Some definite must listens are leaving trunk, I wish I knew, and the 11-minute joyful noise. Pick this album up now.