With Roots Above And Branches Below review by The Devil Wears Prada

• Released: May 5, 2009
The Devil Wears Prada: With Roots Above And Branches Below

Ah yes, The Devil Wears Prada. Yet another typical metal band over consumed with breakdowns and auto-tuned singing, right? Well yes, this album is filled with heavy breakdowns and a fair share of high pitched melodic singing that will get you movin' and groovin'. However, TDWP has managed to do it bigger and better than most of there peers on there new album, With Roots Above And Branches Below. The first track on this album, amusingly titled Sassafras, comes at you like a punch in the gut and the rest of the album doesn't get any lighter. Heavy, crunchy guitars and insane drumming make you wanna crank this album up to 11 and head bang all day long. Each song is a constant assault on your ear drums. Mikes screaming makes you wanna bang your fists and jeremies singing makes you wish you never hit puberty so your voice could go that high. Easily the most impressive part of this album is Daniels drumming. Its some of the best I have ever heard and if he does not get voted as drummer of the year somewhere than the music world is even dumber than I thought. These guys really showed there skills as musicians on this disc.

As most of us know The Devil Wears Prada is a christian band. Knowing this you would expect to hear the words "jesus" and "god" thrown around in just about every song. Well by just listening to this album you wouldn't even know they were religious. To me that is always a good thing. I don't want to listen to music that I feel is shoving there beliefs down my throat song after song and I'm assuming almost everyone will agree with me. After all that's what gospel is reserved for. Anyway, Mikes scream hasn't really changed much since the last couple albums which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Jeremy's singing sounds higher and better than ever and the bands chorus' are catchy and melodic. You'll find yourself singing every word from the beginning to the end.

With Roots Above And Branches Below is easily The Devil Wears Prada's best album yet. With this album TDWP have been able to seperate themselves from there peers and push them to the forefront of there genre. "Sassafras", "Assistant to the general manager", and "Ben has a kid" are the tracks that stand out off this album, but each song is amazing and you'll love it from beginning to end.