Zombie review by The Devil Wears Prada

• Released: Aug 24, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
The Devil Wears Prada: Zombie

Well The Devil Wears Prada is obviously a band which tries to be metal. I am not bashing the band but when I first heard their songs, I knew that they weren't my type. Well "core" and "scene" fans will obviously disagree with my opinion. To me metalcore is a absurd genre but fans of core will love their music. The only reason I have this album is because my friend bought it for me, but as a gift its not as bad as generic pop music. But again, if you're a fan of this type of music Zombie EP is for you.

To me the lyrics are bland. The lack songwriting skills but hey - for a metalcore band they're okay. I mean mediocre lyrics aren't bad but if you're trying too hard, I think they should call it quits. The lyrics are full of unnecessary anger. Look at "Anatomy" repetitive lyrics and "Revive" which makes no sense. "Science has become a child's game". A game of what? If you look at statistics people don't even know anything about science. Then again the lyrics, are full of pain and is very emo. The vocalist (Mike Hranica) has no skills, no raw emotion. He sounds as if he were forcing himself to sing these songs.

If you look at every other metalcore/core artist, they're all the same. But if you compare them to bands they imitate (metal bands) they are complete waste. The only descent song is probably "Outnumbered". Its great that they're outnumbered cause honestly I'll... They only thing I like is the images used for the album, but it clearly shows the band as posers. Imagine Megadeth holding baseball bats w/ spikes and a chainsaw and guns. It would look descent but it's unnecessary for them to prove that because the they prove themselves through their lyrics. The TDWP use these images to make themselves look tough. I would never buy this album again because I never bought it in the first place. Even a mediocre band like Foster The People have a better album than this. It's metalcore what do you expect.

the_skiv
    STARTOMAIDEN.. If u ever read this.. your review was ****ing shit!! Maybe instead of reviewing TDWP.. Go review some megadeth.. Or something u actually know about.. Cause its clear u have no clue what u are talking about when it comes to anything "core"
    skilletfan17
    @stratomaiden, I'm gonna go ahead and fill out your butt-hurt form: BUTT-HURT FORM: Name: Stratomaiden Nature of Butt-Hurt: Jealous of bands that are way more successful than me that actually have talent and can actually speak and write with decent grammar and eloquence. Rate your butt-hurt on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the most painful): Well, definitely a 10... I was so butt-hurt that TDWP is actually good live (as of now, not before) and possess talent that my words, which usually come from my butt-hole but it was too butt-hurt this time, came through my mouth in the form of a sucky review that attacked an entire genre and band on the basis of pre-elementary grammar and the fact that I am a fanboy of an extremely narrow select group of bands that probably little to no one else likes. Action taken for butt-hurt: I was given some lube from @skilletfan17 to help the butt-hurt feeling to go away, in hope that I would finally learn my lesson and not be a punk fanboy.
    fifopher
    Though I did enjoy your over-the-top sarcasm, and though I did respect your right to say it, I would say that one writing with eloquence should never type, "write with....eloquence."
    stratomaiden
    Really? Come on! I was just trying to make losers like you complain over reviews that was obviously written to aggravate fanboys. Your grammar is also horrible, what you university do you attend? The University of Iowa? It has taken me almost a year to reply, but obviously I was doing something with my life. That time I was a "niner" doing stupid things on the internet. I know my review was pretty stupid but that does not give you the right to criticize a person's opinion. Get a life and stay in school before you insult a person's opinion and grammar mistakes.
    headgear_362
    Conceptually, they beat a lot of bands to the punch. I do think they need to keep their musical ideas as fresh as their concepts. See Snapcase's last two discs for a refresher.
    goingnowhere21
    I must say that I gotta agree with a lot of the bashing. I liked this band at first when I was younger and was getting into this kind of music. With Roots Above and Branches Below was a fine album for the time being, but frankly, now discovering heavier music has really changed my view on this band. I suppose if you're trying to get into hardcore music, some of their old stuff is worth going over, but in the end, this band is just plain. I listened to their last full length only cause Tim Lambesis from AILD was on one of the songs. In the end, this is a child's band. It was cool when I was 17. If you get into real metalcore or just heavy bands, most people would agree with me. It's not because they're "scene" or anything like that. It's just that they're not that talented.