Accelerated Evolution review by The Devin Townsend Band

• Released: Apr 1, 2003
The Devin Townsend Band: Accelerated Evolution

This album is definitely one of the most emotionaly involved I have heard in a long time. Devin uses many different styles on this album, and they all mix together perfectly. It's influences are from Progressive Metal, Pop Metal (that's right, i made a new genre!), Death Metal, and many more. The guitar and singing aren't overpowered like on many albums you hear today, which is really nice for a change. This style could be best described as atmosphere music. Devin has really shown his mellower side on this album, as it's much different from Strapping Young Lad.

The lyrics on this album, like all of the other Devin Townsend lyrics, are very strange. He repeats a lot of stuff over and over which isn't necessaryilly bad, just different. You can definitely hear that he pours his soul into his songs through not just musically, but lyrically as well. They are good lyrics.

My overall impression of this album is that it is no joking the best I have ever came across. This music has brought me to a place I have never been before. I can't get enough, and it's more that worth the $15 or so.