Spend The Night review by The Donnas

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
The Donnas: Spend The Night

The Donnas. People tend to pigeon hole these gals as just another chick band who can't play. But after becoming a fan in 1999 I realized first hand that these girls were in it for blood. Their newest album with Atlantic Records (but not the first they have released 5 other albums under Lookout! With a buku of 7 Vinyl's) Spend The Night puts them up there with the likes of AC/DC or Kiss with their hard rockin' riffs and twisted sexual references. Don't wanna go to the mall, don't wanna go to the movies. I think we've done it all. Just take me to the backseat is a line from one of my favorite tracks off Spend The Night, blatantly titled Take Me To The Backseat. These girls DO know how to rock. Donna R aka Allison Robertson does a mean solo on almost every track that will blow your mind. Along with Donna C (Torry Castelleno) whaling away on drums, cowbell included. Donna A (Brett Anderson) with her raspy whisper on To Bad About You Girl will make you skin tingle. And Donna F (Maya Ford) keeps a mean bass line like no other. This band is not to be overlooked. Spend The Night is 13 tracks of straight up, balls to the wall Rock N Roll fun that hasn't been heard for a while. This CD hasn't left my CD player since December. I recommend this CD to any guy or girl who is looking for some fresh air.