Live In Europe 1968 [DVD] Review

artist: The Doors date: 01/31/2006 category: compact discs
The Doors: Live In Europe 1968 [DVD]
Release Date: October 21, 1998
Rare and never seen before film footage captures the legendary music of The Doors - live! Filmed during their European Tour in 1968, The Doors swept through the cities of London, Stockholm, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, leaving devastated audiences in their wake. This collection of rare live performances is introduced and narrated by Paul Kantner and Grace Slick who, as members of Jefferson Airplane, shared the bill on this historic tour.
 Content: 7
 Production Quality: 7
 7.9
 7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Live In Europe 1968 [DVD] Reviewed by: TravisWongPG, on january 31, 2006

Sound: Filmed during their 1968 European tour, The Doors are captured in performances in London, Stockholm, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. Paul Kantner and Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane, who shared the bill with The Doors on this tour, narrate this compilation. The sound is good - digitally remastered with Dolby 5.1 Surround sound bring the music alive. // 10

Overall Impression: The track list features, what one would think, to be a hit list of songs. Unfortunatley, the band doesnt give justice to their own works. The DVD states that "The Doors swept through cities of London, Stockholm, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam." At most they took a weak stroll though these cities, high on pot. Its the same old, stumbling, bumbling camera work with random close ups of Jim Morrison reciting poetry to, what seems like, nobody. There is a serious lack of energy in this DVD, and thats saying something when tlaking about Jim Morrison. Dont get me wrong, I love The Doors, alot, and I thoroughly enjoyed some songs like "Spanish Caravan" and "Light My Fire," but I would feel bad recommending someone else to buy this, there is much better Doors stuff out there. // 7

Comments