The Best Of The Doors review by The Doors

• Released: Sep 12, 2000
The Doors: The Best Of The Doors

The Doors are rock. One of the biggest acid rock groups of all time. This album takes songs from previous Doors albums so you get a taste of all of it. All of it is amazing. From the flamenco riffs of Spanish Caravan and the mellow sounds of The Crystal Ship to the in your face feel of break on through, this album never dissapoints. If you are a big fan of acid rock or rock in general, this is one of the essential bands.

It's Jim Morrison. One of the most influential voices in the modern music world. The tone of Morrisons voice is only outmatched by the passion of his writing. The messages conveyed through the songs on this album are limitless. You may interpret People Are Strange as a description of an acid trip, or as a fight against loneliness that we all know from time to time. Whichever is the way you see it, it is sure to leave an unforgettable impression.

This being a compilation album is a little bit of everything, a solid choice of you don't own any of The Doors, or own just a little bit and want to expand. Almost every song on this album has such strong emotion in it that there are none more imperssive than others. It is just about how you are feeling and what you want to feel. I love this album for all of the emotion in it. Being a two-disk album it has quite a bit of listening on it. Like I've said, a good coice for anybody who doesn't already own a large collection of the Doors.

skippy_moogoose
    The 2 disc version is well worth the tenner or so I payed for it,that and the first album on vinyl are my Doors collection...because even a hardcore Doors fan will tell you their middle era discography is lacking...saying that,from the review you can tel the guys never dropped acid,or if he has,he didnt get it...
    jerm138
    I listened to this a lot back in the 90's. It was my favorite for a long time.. I over-did it though because now I can't stand it. I honestly can't enjoy a single song off of this anymore. I'm like that with whiskey too.