The Doors review by The Doors

• Released: Jul 6, 1992
The Doors: The Doors

This is the Door's first album. This is a very good album. It's blues sounding on songs such as Backdoor Man and Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar). But it also sounds like blues influenced rock. The keyboard supplied by Ray Manzerick is very catchy and the keyboard stays in your head. John Densmore's Jazz influeneced Drumming enlightened the bands sound alot. Robby Kreiger the guitarist contributed a jazz sounding guitar. Last but not least the great Jim Morrision. His vocals are so good they stay in your head and sends shivers down your spine. The album sounded also jazzy due to the jazz influences all of the bandmates shared. The was produced by Paul A. Rothchild. Who Robby Kreiger says is a "perfectionist." The album sounds like blues mixed with jazz and rock and roll.

The lyrics on this cd are beautiful. Jim Morrison Writes amazing lyrics. Many people don't know taht the major hit off the record light my Fire was accually written by Robby Kreiger not Jim Morrision. Jim was more of a poet than anything. The song the end is also beautiful even though in one of the lines he says "Mother I wanna f--k you." He didn't say it on the record though. But there is also lyrics they didn't write on the record like backdoor man which is a cover song. Morrison's lyrics are overall very poetic and intellegent. Jim's vocals are very good on this record. He has a very good voice. His voals compliment the music very well.

It compares to the other albums because it's as good or better. The most impressve songs on the album are Break On Through (To The Other Side), Soul kitchen, The Crystal Ship, Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar), Light My Fire, Back Door Man, and The End. I love the lyrics, sound, vocals and everything on this album. In my Opinian it has very few flaws. I would definatly go out and buy it if I lost it because its a great record. Go out and buy this album!