The Doors review by The Doors

• Released: Jul 6, 1992
The Doors: The Doors

The Doors, if Nirvana or Metallica were the most influetial band post '80s, The Doors have to be the most influential of the '60s + '70s, lyrically speaking. The band's frontman and present day icon Jim Morrison produced some unforgettable songs for this album. With brilliant tracks like break on through and light my fire. This album saw the band reaching its peak. A style that nows seems ancient, it goes by the name of classic rock, this album is one of the greatest albums ever. If one wants to hear great tunes, zero editing, and an absolutely fantastic voice, this is the album.

The lyrics, that is precisely what makes this album so great, apart from Jim's voice that is. Can anyone forget the words of Light My fire - "You knew that I would be untrue, You know that I would be a liar, but If iwas to say to you that girl we couldn't get much higher; Come on baby light my fire." I think the songs Light my fire and Break on through are the best and are the songs because of which Morrison's name will remain untouched for years to come, simply because of his poetry. The poetic words along with his deep voice and lost in the music looks Jim Morrison.

This album is great, perhaps their best but I think it is a two track album. Apart from Light My Fire and Break On Through the rest of the songs are quite ordinary. I think it is because these two songs are so perfect, they make the other songs seem mediocre. I don't think I have to stress furthur on the fact that Jim Morrison's words, and his voice are quite extraordinary. This is a classic album that should never be forgotten. If you want to know what litrary genius means this is the album to go and purchase.

Jibbs
    How could you give it a "9" and then say it only has two tracks? This album isn't their best, but it has plently of good songs.
    jac_murphy
    To black_sabbath: "Light my Fire" and "Break on Through (To the Other Side)" were written by Krieger.