The Doors review by The Doors

• Released: Jul 6, 1992
The Doors: The Doors

This is the 2007 re-release of The Doors classic debut album. The new stereo mix adds a new twist the album. A lot of tracks are also sped-up to the correct pitch now, so songs like "Light My Fire" are actually in tune. The Doors pushed the envelope with a dark brooding mood and '60s psychedelic influx to the California pop-rock of the day.

Lyrics are a reflection of ones personality and that being said, Jim Morrison was possibly the best lyricist ever. He creates vivid imagery in his lyrics with a voice that makes the mood seem primal. Morrison poetry skills are reflected perfectly in songs like "The End" where he tells his infamous Oedipus-like tale about his father and mother.

This album is still the best music every put out by The Doors. It shows the bands creativity and total skill overall. John Densmore's drum tracks are better presented here, Robbie Krieger is as creative and dynamic a player as any one, Ray Manzerek is a keyboard whiz and Jim is well, Jim. A true rock 'n roll classic.

Battery Chicken
    Great album except for 'Light my Fire'. WTF were they thinking with that 18 hour musical interlude, i'm ready to blow my brains out by the end of it.
    AngryGoldfish
    How can you possibly say it only has two tracks that are brilliant! Crsytal Ship, The End, End Of The night, all haunting and delicate! This album is the best album by The Doors in my opinion due to its diversity and its quantity of such weird and wonderful songs.