The Very Best Of review by The Doors

• Released: Mar 26, 2007
The Doors: The Very Best Of

The sound is what is to be expect from the door we have Jim deep dark voice, Robbies flameco style alectric guitar, Ray Mazechecks hypnoticly amazing keyboard playing, and John Densmore's jazz drumming. It all meshes together perfectly for the best acid rock you may ever hear in your entire life. The pure pation and emotion that just pour out of The Doors is amazing. Now a lot of the songs on the album have some new things added in here and there and they screw with my mind since I am used to hearing them the original way. It still sounds good just I would of rathered them not screw with a good thing. It all still sounds like the original Doors because it is just with some new solos and wierd sounds here and there. I give the sound an 8 becuase I much prefer the original recordings.

The lyrics are what you would think to come out of the warped and twisted mind of Jim Morrison. The lyrics reflect Jims amazing poetry skills and are some of the best lyrics from one of the best lyric writers to ever live. The words are full of all kinds of indirect references to drugs, sex, and death. Mixed with the sorta upbeat music in the background you wouldn't expect it to sound right but it comes out in a way that no other band could have done it. The words remain unchanged from the original recordings as far as I can tell.

In my mind there is no other band to compare The Doors to, they touch you at every emotional level possible. Few other band have been able to make every song an instant great like The Doors have done. I love the way that all of the intruments compliment each other so well and everythign just sort of rolls with each other. I am just starting to get used to the weird edits they did to a lot of the songs and I am not digging them very much. If you wanna get a doors greatest hits CD I would recomend getting one without wierd mixes in it. I would buy this CD agian just becuase it isn't exaclly the same as the other Doors album, but if you are not a very big Doors fan I would not recomend getting it.

Mojo89
    Cobalt Blue
    Mojo89 wrote: To bad. The doors used to be all about the music man. Jim is rolling over in his grave over the way the remaining members just milk it for all the money it's worth. He didn't care about all that. It was all about the message, breakin' through. Too bad.
    they were reasonably good and priced when Ian Astbury was with them.. I don't know who there singer is now, but they were playing a club in Toronto and i heard tickets were like 60-80 bucks... that's gotta blow
    archangelseren
    overated.... eat a crap. they were awesome and their stuff is really good. it can be psycho or mellow and that makes it worthwile
    rattlehead_01
    I agree with the last two comments. And it's Ray MANZAREK . At least spell the members' names right.