The Very Best Of review by The Doors

• Released: Mar 26, 2007
The Doors: The Very Best Of

The music was remastered, you could tell by comparing the old albums, to the new greatest hits, and the fact that it says so on the back of the CD case. It sounds very nice when remastered, the music does not sound like they are from the 60's-70's, which is great to hear each individual song that features Morrisons great voice, Krieger's great Guitar playing, Manzcerck's great Piano playing, and Densmore drumming. IT features 34 of The Doors innovative style of psychedelic rock, whihc combines Jim Morrisons poems to a style of rock music.

Oh man, Morrison has the best voice, and his lyrics are awesome. The music flows very well with Morrison on the microphone, and the songs are pretty lengthy and feature great lyrics that contain verses that point out the concerns of their time, such as the vietnam war in the song "Unknown Soldier".

This CD is well worth the money, it contains 2 CD's with 34 awesome songs. The most impressive songs on the CD in my opinion are Five to One, Changeling, Waiting for the sun, Break on through (To the other side), L.A Women, Riders on the Storm, and many others, I could quite possibly say the whole album. What I love about this CD is the variety of music, and the lengthy songs, there is no critical things I have to say about this CD, if someone was to steal or I lost it, I would definitely buy another one.

howie21
    yuppp.it is exactly what i thought it was going to be... amazing!!!
    cjimil419
    Thank you rattlehead. It is manzarek. go learn something about thing ur writing a review on
    joker_thief
    ray mazechek(wtf?!)....how many greatest hits albums have they released(seriously i mean this is insane)?
    (sic)kid
    Meh, just another best of album. If somebody really wanted to discover The Doors, they should just buy the albums... There are too many amazing songs to just compile into a couple of cds. Just buy the Perception box set, far more worth the money.
    waynerz99
    DJThor
    Yeah, not a very big Doors fan. They're okay I guess, but nothing special.
    guitarskater11
    tied for my favorite band their amazing I love their slower stuff like crystal ship and things like that them and stone roses best of all time
    Craigadams93
    The lyrics are far beyond any one else's you could take any of the songs they made and make a greatest hits compilation. They should definetly put Celebration of the Lizard on a greatest hits, that'd be sweet.
    JimPrenier_11
    on the greatest hits (1985) They dont have great songs on there like shamans blues, peace frogs, blue sunday, soul kitchen,and many other fantastic songs. The Doors in a 3 way tie for my top 3 along with The Who and The Rolling Stones
    Smithsc
    Mojo89 wrote: To bad. The doors used to be all about the music man. Jim is rolling over in his grave over the way the remaining members just milk it for all the money it's worth. He didn't care about all that. It was all about the message, breakin' through. Too bad.
    I disagree
    LoveisintheStar
    waynerz99 wrote: Yeah I agree. After having listened to each album in order and reading the Biography on the doors, theres a story that goes along with the band. Listening to the best of just doesn't do them justice, which is why I used to side with all the people who thought they were overrated.
    I'm right there with ya man. I used to think they were nothing special but I listened to their first album after reading their story, and it was like a door (pardon the pun) in my mind was suddenly kicked open. This band is legendary.