Kick Your Ass In 17 Minutes review by The Drills

The Drills: Kick Your Ass In 17 Minutes

Sound of the album very good. It contains elements of modern pop-ish rock but it overall sounds like in-your-face style ballsy old school hard rock. This album contains no ballads, and rocks all the way to the end. In the sound of the album, you can clearly hear how talented all of the band members are. All music is written and played by the trio that is The Drills.

The singer, Phil "Phil X" Xenidis, does a very good job. Possibly not the greatest singer of all time, but he really has some serious balls and skills. The lyrics are quite fun. They're not about building a wall to protect you from other people, more than they are about air hockey championship and beautiful apartments. They are good lyrics about random things.

The most impressive songs of the album are probably "Air Hockey Champion Of The World", "Sunny Days" and "I Wish My Beer Was As Cold As Your Heart". I personally love everything about this album, one reason maybe that I'm a die hard Phil X fan. If this album were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. It kicked my a-s in the first 2 seconds of "Air Hockey Champion Of The World".