The Acoustic review by The Early November

• Released: Jan 1, 2005
The Early November: The Acoustic

It's amazing what a man can do with just an acoustic guitar and his voice. The Early November has the most unique style and sound, it's hard to find a band like that these days. He uses a good variety of chords, as well as different tunings to find the perfect sound for each song, and amazing harmonics and blends them together to form amazing songs.

Ace Enders, the guitarist and singer of The Early November, has the most pure voice I have ever herd, and his lyrics are amazing. With songs such as "Sunday Drive" saying "And you know it's not so easy when you're all alone. And I wonder if I'm alone in your head." It doesn't take a emo kid with a broken heart to love the heartfilled lyrics.

Any fan of bands such as Dashboard Confessional and The Lyndsay Diaries would fall in love with this band off the bat. There is everything to love, and nothing to hate. The only thing I could say, is I wish it had more songs on it.

PunkBallad420
    The Early November is my favorite band, Ace(aurther) Enders is one of the best vocalist in the punk rock sceene. Much more than just your average emo kid upset about a broken heart just crying. Sound: Every song on the acoustic ep is great! I was not a fan of drop d tuning till i heard there acoustic stuff, its much more than just power chords. Sunday drive is so real it makes you feel as if you were there. Everynights anouther story, is the ultimate rock out infront of a group acoustic. Lyrics: As already said, ace is the man. He says thing in a heartfelt and understanding way, not just some guy who cant get over his girl. Impression: Well its now my fav band...its like dashboard, but not as far fetched with the tunings, mostly just drop d or a half step down.