The Mother, The Mechanic, And The Path review by The Early November

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
The Early November: The Mother, The Mechanic, And The Path

A giant step forward for the emo/indie band whose last album "The Room's Too Cold" in 2003 was more of an appetizer. For fans like me who've waited three years for another album, it was worth the wait. Enders' visionary 46 track saga spans three discs and tells the story of a boy, with an extremely overbaring father, growing up and leaving home. When he has his own kid, he swears to be nothing like his father, but eventually falls into the hole. Listen to it more than once, and make sure to listen with headphones. It's a whole different experience.

Ace Enders is seriously one of the best singers of his genre. Not only can he write meaningful, and sometimes, inspiring lyrics. He conveys them with all of the emotion that they are supposed to instill. The song "Little Black Heart" 'It's my life. I might as well live it. Along with the bad times. Just happy to be living.'

Combine the impressive, full-on indie rock of the Mother, with the stripped down, blues feel of the Mechanic and the 'not-quite' rock-opera of the path and you get a concept album that takes you on an amazing journey into the psyche of a broken man. Akin to some of the concept albums of the '70s (now I'm not comparing The Early November to, say, Pink Floyd. But still it's a great album and worth a listen).

JoelBrown
    Yeah this CD(s) was/were great! The early november changed a bit with the lyrics, but still have that same touch i love, the songs to look for are "Hair", "decoration", and "I want to hear you sad". Those songs were great!
    XacrossXwatersX
    GumbyEater
    myvaliantleap
    GumbyEater wrote: don't let the outrageously gay music video fool you, this is actually a very interesting album and quite worth a listen.
    I thought the music video grabbed my attention, although I heard "Hair" along time ago and have been waiting for this record(s)to come out.
    crash_course
    yeah i was struck with a wtf when i saw taht video i mean ive seen an earleri video by the early november and i liked it but "hair" was something different the solo was something i wasnt expecting tho
    BumOffBarney
    XacrossXwatersX wrote: Hmm, interesting... 46 tracks? Wow, that'll take me forever to get through >.< Sounds cool, though. I'll have to pick it up at some point.
    It's a triple album. I was like :o! I didn't know it was out yet either. =X
    The Demiurge
    triple album emo/indie wtf sounds great but emo/indie sounds a bit likethe killers to me what are they like never heard of them b4
    crzycellofromca
    the album is awesome! and if you dont like the their popier sound, most of the rest of the cd does not sound as poppy as hair. Definitely listen to the last track on the mechanic.
    WhereArtEsteban
    this entire cd is a masterpiece its just so good, ace enders is just a complete genious when it comes to song writing.
    [NIN]_ROCK!
    Got mine today and I start to wonder.....why are Fall Out Boy in the top while bands like The Early November actually have LOTS of talent and write some really interesting and original music?.....anyways, go get this trible beauty today, every song is brilliant and no, "Hair" is not gay, just open your mind, guys. Rock On!
    sev945
    i waited forever for a new cd by them since i heard deceration a year or so before can't wait to get it and it's also cheap always read the lyrics they have good meanings even if you have to think about it
    yosefgamble
    I love this album, I listened to it over and over and the story in the path section is so good and meaningful. I love it.