The Mother, The Mechanic, And The Path review by The Early November

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
The Early November: The Mother, The Mechanic, And The Path

With a rather more pop-influenced then emo-influenced sound, Early November made The Mother, the Mechanic and the Path. It's a quite album different compared to their older works, and you can hear quite a lot of sides of the bands musical styles, listening trough the 46 tracks, you'll notice trough these. The album isn't "emo" at all, it's more of an alternative/indie-album, and Early November shows that they've grown a bit. The problem I find with this album is that there isn't any song that stands out (notice, the whole CD3 stands out, but I'm thinking of tracks in CD1 and CD2). In "For all of This" there's "We Write the Wrong", and in "The Room's too Cold" there's "Something That Produces Results," but in this album, I can't find any particullary track that I like the most, everyone's in a "standard" with nothing that stands out, atleast for me.

Ace have done a great job writing and performing these tracks. The story that your being told trough-out the album, is amazing - be sure to listen trough it! I like that they piched down the tellers voice, great addition to the album, and it certainly brings a better atmosphere.

The first CD delivers a upbeat and more full-on pop/indie sound then the two following, as they completes the 3-disk album with a more bluesy feel. The last CD is about a boys life from his youth to becomming an grown-up. He swore that he wouldn't become as his father, but kind of fell into the trap. I almost want to say that the last CD is the best of them, but comparing them the same was is not the best way of reviewing this CD, I think. So, all CD's are great, but my favourite is the last one, yet, I still like the other two as well. The first CD is the most easy-listned.

themetalpunk913
    this has to be the best cd that i own, i heard that their new guitarist actually wrote a lot of the stuff in collaboration with ace, they really outdid theirselves. its going to be hard for them to top it
    newfoundmichael
    I got Aces autograph this summer at Warped tour and he autographed the cd for me. Not only was he a great guy in person, this new cd is rated at the top of my list for 2006.
    dbryndel
    Anything that Ace does is usually amazing. He has def. made a staple in the indie/emo rock music forever. This album is also going to show what the band is all about. Amazing album and amazing story! Keep it up!