Within Dividia review by The End

• Released: Jan 13, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
The End: Within Dividia

The end have a very distinctive sound, they are definitely the head of the noise-core genre. So many random rhythm changes and song direction shifts make songs hard to follow along with. Let's break things down into sections. First the guitar: they can chug out some crazy riffs, ones that you know would be absolutely amazing if you placed them in a different environment. After listening through the entire CD you realize that the end only have about 3 riffs, they just alter them slightly for each song. Now for the drums: this drummer is absolutely incredible. He blows me away with his amount of control during all this chaos. My hats off to him, these are seriously some of the sickest beats I've ever heard. Now what can I say about the vocals, other than the fact that his scream is frightening but also engaging. And yet he has no range what'soever. His lack of range is a huge letdown, and makes this CD seem very repetitive. The end has this ability to make really creepy atmospheres before breaking out and completely amazing you. I saw these guys live and let me tell you, their new material is much more entertaining. It's definitely not as confusing. This CD even occasionally becomes annoying. But it's all worth it cause the power behind their music is incredible.

Well his lyrics are quite good, but that's not were he faults. He has one scream, no range at all. Which makes for quite an upset. If they could find a vocalist with just a slight bit of range then this music would absolutely blow me away, but the way it is I find it almost annoying.

A much better experience from the end is their newer material, songs like "Dangerous" and "Animal" are quite good. The best songs on this CD are "These Walls", "Fetesque", and "Dear Martyr". I love the energy behind the music, but I hate the vocals. This CD I would call a beautiful tragedy, it has the potential to be groundbreaking and epic but instead it's almost boring. But that's just my opinion, yours could be totally different.

x Trev x
    i'm not a noisecore/mathcore/grind/extreme metal/et al person, but the end are certainly a talented band. a great listen in small doses.