We'll Live And Die In These Towns review by The Enemy

• Released: Jul 16, 2007
The Enemy: We'll Live And Die In These Towns

The Enemy are a 3 peice hailing from beautiful coventry, but make a soun which would appeal to much more then the midlands population. when I first heard the trio, I thought they were jsut going to be another band, nothing different or special, and basically a load of tosh. but after 2 or 3 listens, I began to see that these are one of the best bands produced from britain for a few years. they own an armegeddon of indie rock rampage which they have unleashed onto the music scene and took it with a storm.

The Enemy in my eyes are the peoples voice, they sing about not wanting to work and the deisre to go and have a good time. there lyrics are similar to those of Oasis and The Jam, not a bad starting point. They have lyrics which stick in your head and make you want to sing along and jump around, a good example of this being he track 'Away From Here' & 'We'll Live & Die In These Towns'. the lyrics also have very good compliance with music, as tom clarke does not cram an essay onto each line, he pays great detail to each lyrics used in the song, making them so catchy and so likable.

I have to say I love this band, I can't really say there's anything I hate about them. oon this album they have a perfect balance of upbeat indie rock anthems and the soft slower tunes, and without a doubt stand out from the majority of bands in our time. most bands, especially 3 peice's, fail to produce a mixed variety of songs for one album, never mind make it to a second album, which dilutes the talent of british artists. I believe The Enemy offer the public the greatness of oasis and the jam, fused with the best of indie around today. The most impressive song on this album for me is 'We'll Live & Die In These Towns', as the perfect portrayal of modern day life. I also love 'Your Not Alone', for it's catchy chants and awesome lyrics. The Enemy are one of the few bands around that sing about what you want to hear, and sing about the times we live in, and are stunning live, if this album went missing or got stolen, I'd buy it again no question.