A Modern Way Of Living With The Truth review by The Exies

• Released: Apr 10, 2007
The Exies: A Modern Way Of Living With The Truth

Although, still not as impressive as the previous album, Head For The Door, it is a great addition to their discography. This new album has a much heavier feel then the older stuff. It adds a steady flow to their incline of heaviness. However, it takes a bit of patience to allow the album to grow on you. Their tour for this album is great as well. Highly recommended.

Scott is an amazing vocalist, and still keeps his 'older Scott Weiland' sound on this record. His lyrics are also very creative, moreso than the other records. It's the only thing about this album that allows them to still be considered grunge. The lyrics are very catchy as well. I've found just about every song on this album to be stuck in my head at some point or another.

The first listen through of this album I did not pay much attention. Therefore, the sound was mediocre and I was severely dissapointed. The second listen through, I liked it a lot more. By the third listen through, I liked this album as much as the others. The progression of styles/heaviness through their discography keeps me wondering what's next.

electric7
    ive only heard of the exies of the NFL street soundtrack...good. ill check this out.
    Xecks13
    Great band... They have four songs from the new cd on their myspace.. All good stuff =] Looking forward to this.
    foofighters4eva
    i'll definetly get this . Head for the door was an amazing album, shame they never come to england, hopefully they will in the future
    leftintheashes
    Strays awsome, but inertia was still the best album. The best new song isint even on the cd. Cheak out "God We Look Good Going Down In Flames" They have a free downlosd somewhere.
    MT's #1 Fan
    This album was incredible. Leaving Song, This Is the Sound and Stray were absolutely brilliant. Just brilliant
    cooljew
    MX4Life wrote: Head for the Door was great. This new sound is more depressed-feeling, which is totally not cool for me. I loved songs like Can't Relate, upbeat and catchy. Now they dyed their hair black and might as well call themselves emo. I can't stand the new stuff.
    Straight up man, i saw these dicks live and it was such a shot in the nuts, i was expecting songs like without, and my goddess, but instead they come onstage with all black clothes and there hoods over there heads and play a completely "emo, cry my eyes out" set.
    DiaryOfJane
    i have inertia and head for the door and a by a long shot, a modern way of living with the truth is the best out of all three... ugly's still thier best song though
    MX4Life
    fender3592
    Ha. I really like ugly, ill give this a listen. I used to play ugly alot back in my early guitar days, and now i can play way more impressive stuff then it, but my friend always wants me to play that song for some reason. Still a good song tho, ill give this cd a listen.
    Kurtsmyhero06
    love this band i saw them live =) songs i like r slow drain/ugly/different then you/hey you/what you deserve
    NOtrab
    man on the picture for this on the home page...the guy in the middle looks like Kurt Cobain!!!
    Cied Shredder
    I have Intertia and Head For The Door. I wasn't really impressed but I hear this album is worth the money.
    jackrocks4
    this is the best modern rock album ever from my favorite most overlooked band they deserve much better this is a amazing album