Planetary Duality review by The Faceless

• Released: Nov 11, 2008
The Faceless: Planetary Duality

The sound of The Faceless's 2nd studio album is beyond imaginable, it is so good, the guitars are legit, drumming is awesome, and you can never forget the vox of the faceless no doubt about that for sure, the style in this album is Technical Death Metal, which is a sub genre of Death metal, I would give props mostly too xenochrist and planetary duality part one and two, I'm saying the whole album is pretty amazing but I would think these would be my 2 favorite out of the whole album. "A virgin womb defiled with the slithering parasitic seed of the Xenochrist", this lyric speaks to me for sure, this lyric is from "Xenochrist". Props to The Faceless for making this amazing album, thank you very much... The Faceless has clear sound, including vox, guitar, synthesizers, drums, bass. They have a very unique sound in the technical death metal sub-genre.

The lyrics are just not imaginable, and when you listen to the deep vox of Derek "Demon Carcass" Rydquist which was the old singer of The Faceless (2006-2011). Skills are pretty amazing, I give him props for every song he has sung, amazing vox I say! The vox go so good with the bands sound it fits in so perfectly, it is unbelievable.

Well personally I can see the difference from "Akeldama", but I like "Planetary Duality" and "Akeldama" the same in my opinion. I can't compare, I think each band has its own sound and quality, so I cannot compare The Faceless from any other death metal band. In my opinion I would pick "Coldly Calculated Design", "Xenochrist", and "Planetary Duality Part 1" and "2". If the record got stolen that I have boughten, first sh-tkick them to the curb, then take it back, if I can't take it back then I will buy a new one no problem, oh hell if I lost/broken/got stolen this album, I would just buy a new one I don't care I love this band.

cfhdomination
    I listen to this on a daily basis. I'm not a huge fan of death or tech death, but this album blows my freaking mind. Looking forward to more albums from these guys.