Doppelgänger review by The Fall of Troy

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
The Fall of Troy: Doppelgänger

When I first heard the intro to the first track on this album, I was instantly hooked. The sound is "emo-ish," with hardcore added in, along with a touch of prog guitars. Their are some wierd sounding guitars, but it is awesome. Oh yeah, you also can hear the bass loud and clear, and the bassist has pretty cool sounding licks. I haven't stop listening to it since I first got it, which is about a month and half ago.

The lyrics are pretty wierd, but which also has some cool names for the title tracks. There is two vocalists that are singing, one actually sings which is the guitarist, and the bassist does the screaming. But a lot of times I really couldn't make out the words and yet it seem to fit the music very well.

What is there to be said, After first hearing the opening guitar, I knew this was going to be an awesome album. I've been listening to it for a while now and I still haven't gotten tired of it. It sort of sounds kind of like DEP, but I know people are going argue about this, but thats who they sound like to me. For me, my favorite songs are: I Just Got This Symphony Goin'; Act One, Scene One; F. C. P. R. E. M. I. X., You Got A Death With, Johnny Truant?, and Whacko Jacko Steals The Elephant Man's Bones. If I lost this album, I probably wouldn't buy it again, because it's all ready on my computer. I recommed this album to anyone who is open minded, or like prog rock.

frd_marshll
    first guy you are wrong on the vocalist Thomas does most of the vocals screaming included Tim does some but not to much and who ever called this album Progressive Metal, Thrash, Speed Metal maybe might want to rethink that
    xWtf m8x
    Hey. I absolute llove this band and everything but... i just started guitar about 6-7 months ago and i really would like to play that sweet guitar solo in the middle of act one scene one if any of u guys know it or have a link to one please post!
    ironman316
    Antzzang wrote: he sings and does the insane licks at the same time that amazes me.
    that's one of the many reasons i respect this band so much. they even pull it off live. it's insane.
    remy2828
    i dont get how he jumps around around like a ****ing manic and still taps the intro to this symphony the guys insanehey made most of these songs after only 2-3 years of playing the guitar