Doppelgänger review by The Fall of Troy

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
The Fall of Troy: Doppelgänger

The Fall of Troy are the most amazing 3 piece band I know of. The sound is fully of energy, and is constantly changing and morphing into new parts. A striking thing about this CD is that almost every single guitar part is doubled perfectly, and panned all the way left and all the way right. While subtle, this gives the music a cool sound. Although I love this band, some of the songs do seem to go on too long and some of the guitar parts leave something to be desired.

The lyrics are desent. I wouldn't exactly say they are the best lyrics ever, but they serve the music well and aren't bad. The singing is really good, especially considering the parts he's given himself to sing over. I don't see how he writes such good melodies over complex and wierd riffs. The screaming sounds a little bad and throaty, but it's probably the best scream for this type of music, since it isn't too intrusive.

This CD will blow you away. The guitar parts are fast and technical, the singing is catchy, the drumming is fast, and the bass player holds down the fort through all of this. The only bands I can thik of that are anything like The Fall of Troy are The Number 12 Looks Like You, and that's actually about it. Some of the songs seem like they are wierd and different just to be wierd and different, but overall this CD is amazing.

BassNewbie
    is that the best you can do? give me a break their amazing and um if you cant come up with a better reason than that than you failed as at being a dick and just came off as retarded
    Skat64er
    great band, and uh whoever labeled this as metal... i mean comon, their like progressive post-hardcore
    ataxiac89
    annoying band. there tractitle are more retarted than Fall Out Boy titles
    the original title to that song was F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P. which means something along the lines of "F*** condems premarital sex is the shit, get everyone pregnant, get everyone pregnant, get everyone pregnant." personally i think thats Fn hilarious, then again you are a newb, i can see why you have no since of humour. I was never a "hXc" fan till i listened to this, know that this guy does basically all the vocals and plays those guitar parts at the same time (i can barely play them period much less scream or sing) and i wouldnt compare them to anything i have ever heard, maybe just expirimental hardcore, his screams arent of high enough pitch to be blood brothers either... but if they were any different they'd take away from the music. which is fanomanel... someone should give this guy a medal or something for being such a bad @$$.
    thefallofjeremy
    Fossilized Love wrote: Annoying band. Their tracktitles are more retarded than Fall Out Boy titles. Shut up. How can you compare the fall of troy to fall out boy. The Fall Of Troy=Legends F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.? Give me a break.
    einherix
    Fossilized Love wrote: Annoying band. Their tracktitles are more retarded than Fall Out Boy titles. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.? Give me a break.
    i really hope your kidding. if you arent then go kill yourself and who the hell labled this Progressive Metal, Thrash, Speed Metal it really isent any of those its more of a Progressive / Experimental band
    xheartcorex
    2Fosilized Love, personally if I liked the band, I couldn't care less what the track titles are called. Period. TFOT reigns supreme.
    Tumble-weed
    Great album from a great band. But whoever labeled them as Progressive Metal, Thrash and Speed Metal is retarded. It's Progressive or Experiemental Rock/Post-Hardcore.
    Fossilized Love