Ghostship review by The Fall of Troy

The band really poured out some effort into this album. The CD begins with Ghostship Pt.1. This song has a rather long intro and starts slow but builds in intensity rather fast. Pt 2 like the first has a lot of intenisty to it and uses a church organ sounding instrument (not compleatly sure what kind of organ). There is no part 3, which may be released with an upcoming album or just never released at all. Part 4, and 5 are genius works. Tom is an amazeing guitarist's personally he is one of my idols and I would die to meet him and play a song with him. Tim is a good bassist but the bass in these songs just don't really do it for me, even thought in the first song he has the intro all to him self. The drums tie it all together into a little knot of music gold.

The lyrics are in most cases what ties the album together, they have some semblance of a story going through all the songs sort of like what they will do in their future release "Phantoms On The Horizon". Tom's vocals on this CD don't leave much of a mark on here but he does tie it into the music rather well.

This CD was a pretty much permament fixture in my 3 CD stereo untill I bought Doppleganger. The most impressive for me was part 2 and for some of the guitar work part 4. I love this album because of the guitar, bass and drum work, the entire 3 person band is truely talented in his instrument. If this was stolen or lost I would buy 2 more.

tfotguitarist
    Where did you get your copy? I agree Tom is an amazing guitarist, his sweeps in part 2 are awesome.
    einherix
    I downloaded it ahah my aim is Einherix if you want me to send it to you
    hxc_pwn_pirate
    xheartcorex wrote: The Fall Of Troy is arguably the best progressive trio out there.
    actually there is no question. they are the greatest musicians alive. ;]
    ProgIsGood
    Man is he sloppy as hell. But I LOVE that about it. Part IV is SICK. From what I can tell there is a part that goes 4/4, 15/16, 4/4, 9/8. Sounds like someone listened to a little too much King Crimson.
    justchillin21
    jo3myster
    justchillin21 wrote: Dude, the last guitar riffs in part V make me want to break my guitar in half even when im not playing the song myself. Can't wait for phantoms!
    ha me too did anyone see that vid on youtube when hes playin this song and smashes that flying v ha that was funny