Ghostship [EP] Review

artist: The Fall of Troy date: 06/30/2008 category: compact discs
Release Date: 2004
Genres: Post-Hardcore
It was a raw, exciting recording that showcased worth on the Phantom on The Horizon concept album the band plan to release in the future.
 Lyrics: 7.5
 9.2
 8.5
 9.9
Ghostship [EP] Reviewed by: einherix, on january 05, 2007

Sound: The band really poured out some effort into this album. The CD begins with Ghostship Pt.1. This song has a rather long intro and starts slow but builds in intensity rather fast. Pt 2 like the first has a lot of intenisty to it and uses a church organ sounding instrument (not compleatly sure what kind of organ). There is no part 3, which may be released with an upcoming album or just never released at all. Part 4, and 5 are genius works. Tom is an amazeing guitarist's personally he is one of my idols and I would die to meet him and play a song with him. Tim is a good bassist but the bass in these songs just don't really do it for me, even thought in the first song he has the intro all to him self. The drums tie it all together into a little knot of music gold. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are in most cases what ties the album together, they have some semblance of a story going through all the songs sort of like what they will do in their future release "Phantoms On The Horizon". Tom's vocals on this CD don't leave much of a mark on here but he does tie it into the music rather well. // 7

Overall Impression: This CD was a pretty much permament fixture in my 3 CD stereo untill I bought Doppleganger. The most impressive for me was part 2 and for some of the guitar work part 4. I love this album because of the guitar, bass and drum work, the entire 3 person band is truely talented in his instrument. If this was stolen or lost I would buy 2 more. // 10

Ghostship [EP] Reviewed by: jo3myster, on june 30, 2008

Sound: The Fall of Troy is hands down my favorite band, and this is my favorite album from them. The songs on this album put a smile on my face every time I listen to them. The guitar work is just genius, amazing at the very least. There is so many breakdowns, even a break down on Part V that makes me wanna dance. These Although the recording quality on Part II is kinda bad(I don't know if it's just my recording I downloaded or not) all the other songs seem like they are recorded good. So if you like your music a little on the faster paced side this CD shouldn't disappoint you. It also has quite a few heavy parts too, so that's also something to take into consideration if your wondering if you'll like these songs. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this CD are very catchy. Referring to Part IV: "God's not goldmine, god's on the inside/selling everybody on the frontlines out./Did you think your were rightside in, maybe inside out? /Reaching for, the gun, to load and pursuade you, to stay." That part makes me smile every time I here it. He screams it so fast. Thom's vocals aren't as good as they are on Doppleganger or Manipulator but they aren't terrible. // 8

Overall Impression: This CD in my opinion is one of their best albums yet. Every song on it is awesome in it's own way. 01. Ghostship Part I - has a bass intro that's kinda creepy/cool sounding at the same time. The first time I listened to this song it gave me chills. 02. Ghostship Part II - has a catchy 1st verse as well as chorus. 03. Ghostship Part IV - amazing guitar, that's all I have to say. 04. Ghostship Part V - many different styles of music are mixed in this one. // 9

Comments