The Fall Of Troy Review

The Fall of Troy: The Fall Of Troy
Released: Nov 4, 2003
Label: Lujo
Genre: Rock
There is no way you can't say that this band has amazing talent and this album proves that.
 9.4
 9.2
 9.6
The Fall Of Troy Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 02, 2006

Sound: Imagine the incoherent vocals of The Blood Brothers meets the guitar skills on the level of Eddie Van Halen. This is basically the sound of The Fall Of Troy. High energy songs with plenty incoherent vocals and amazing guitar work are basically what make up this band and CD. And the amazing thing is that everyone in this band was still in highschool at the time of this record. The singer and guitarist, Thomas Erak, displays skills beyond his years. Bassist Tim Ward shows he's not another run of the mill bassist by making his own basslines instead of running with the guitar (it's really quite impossible with Thom due to the fact he's shredding all through the song). Drummer does his job great with clean drumming and quite unusually (for TFOT's genre, anyways) not raping the double bass drums. This drum is very unique and a breath of fresh-air to anyone that's trying to get away from the same old generic hardcore bands. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics show that TFOT obviously look up to The Blood Brothers for inspiration with totally random and incoherent lyrics. However, Thom Erak and Andrew Forsman bring these lyrics to life with great screaming from both of them and a very calm, soothing voice from Mr. Erak. Thom alternates between his calm, soothing voice into savage, crazy screams. The skill of this band is amazing and I can't express how skilled they are for all of them being under 20 years old. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is a must-buy for anyone looking for a breath of fresh air. With maniacal, crazy guitar riffs, high energy vocals and high energy songs, this album is flawless. I'd reccomend this to anyone that are fans of The Blood Brothers, Fear Before The March Of Flames, Chiodos, or any other alternative hardcore bands. // 10

The Fall Of Troy Reviewed by: einherix, on february 24, 2007

Sound: This band has left one of the biggest impressions on me out of all of them. The other reviewer was not far off with the comparison to The Blood Brothers in terms of overall-mayhem of the sounds. The Fall of Troy are able to pull this album together imaginably well. takeing some songs directly from their previous band "Thirty Years War" those songs are "Reasurance Rests At Sea" Rockstar Nailbomb and one or 2 others that I can't pull of the top of my head. Tom is a brilliant guitarist and shows his skill with the instrument but his vocals are where he is lacking but it doesnt't really make to bad of an impression. Tim Ward does an excellent job of playing the bass and his screams complement Tom perfectly in the songs. Andrew pulls it all together with his rythmic beating of the drums. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics do not show that this band looks up to the blood brothers as the previous reviewer said, they are different in their own respects. Overall I was impressed, Just about all the songs are tinged with a bit of emo, but that's not a bad thing at all, and some of the lyrics are just out there. the songs all stick with the sound of the song and help convey the message behind them. Tom needs some vocal work in this album but it does NOT hinder it much. // 8

Overall Impression: This band compares with Tera Melos, Damiera and Portugal. the man (and would you look at that, the bands I listed are also touring with them! the show I went to was spectacular) The Most impressive songs on the album were "Hey I Just Got This Sympony Going," "Mouths Like Sidewinder Missles," "Sparticus" and "What Sound Does A Mastadon Make" The Bassline in FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP was particulary good and. I love the over all energy that this album gives to you. I would recommend it to anyone that likes energetic music and doesnt't care much about the genres, I would not however reccomend this band to someone that listens to heavy heavy metal. this is almost like a lighter-brighter version of heavy heavy low low and fear before's older tunes. // 8

Comments