One World review by The Feelers

• Released: Nov 13, 2006
The Feelers: One World

Well, another album from the feelers. The band that have sold hundreds of thousands of records are still good even though James Reid is starting to look his age. One World is The Feelers 4th album and a NZ Platinum. The songs are upbeat and interesting. It's good solid stuff and a great example of NZ's music diversity and strength. It debuted at number one, and like the other Feelers albums has an undelying theme that goes throughout the album. The theme for the album is similar to playground battle, being war (and peace.)

The lyrics are great, showing James Reid's undeniable skill as a songwriter. They go beautifully with the lyrics, except possibly with the odd sixth track "Last Goodbye", which, to be honest, totally confused me. It seemed out of place and odd in the context of the album. But as a whole the songs worked very well creating more kiwi memories.

It being Kiwi music, you can't even begin to compare it with anything else, because, like NZ's animals, the music is different from anything outside of the country. I love the meaning behind the songs, the beautfiul guitar riffs, and the simple instrumentation that isn't played up or down, but well. The tracks to hear: One World, Nothing's More Real (look out for the bagpipes), and We Raised Hell.

soapalot
    I can't help but be disappointed in The Feelers these days. Supersystem was a great album, Communicate wasn't quite as good but it was better than Playground Battle and One World. They're just so boring nowadays, every song sounds pretty much the same.