Playground Battle Review

The Feelers: Playground Battle
Released: Mar 8, 2005
Label: Wea
Genre: Rock
The Feelers are one of New Zealand's most successful bands. Since releasing their debut album in 1998, they are set to take Australia by storm with their third album Playground Battle.
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Playground Battle Reviewed by: henryt-bags, on september 20, 2005

Sound: These guys really know how to rock! Being a NZ band and all, it is pretty understandable that no-one actually knows who they are, but if you are reading this review (I have no idea how you found this), then you have now heard of The Feelers. They are greatest band alive, and they have proved it with this CD. Their sound is really amazing, a good blend of acoustic guitars, classic rock, and alternative rock. Songs like Larger Than Life and Weapons Of War really rock it out, while songs like The Fear and Stand Up are really lazy. // 10

Lyrics: Man, does James Reid know how to sing! His voice goes perfectly with the music, and although his lyrics are pretty much the same they've been, it doesn't really feel that way. Each song feels different, and the lyrics really add meaning to each song. You tend to forget where you are, and his voice tells the lyrics a like spectacular story. // 10

Overall Impression: This is their most impressive work by far. Their sound and lyrics have evovled upto the point where the only other thing that could ever happen is a best-of CD. Then again, thats how the last record was as well. Highlights: The Fear, Playground Battle, and Weapons Of War. If you ever go to NZ, get this. If not, mail me $24:00 NZ cash and I'll send it over. If I ever lose this, I will hunt down the thief, kill him, wake him up, and make him buy me 2 more, just in case. // 10

Comments