Twelve Stops And Home review by The Feeling

• Released: Jul 4, 2006
The Feeling: Twelve Stops And Home

WOW! in a word, this is the greatest pop/rock sound I have heard all my short little life, song has it's own merits and has a striking tune that is guarenteed to get you dancing, singing and, in some more serious cases, screaming from the roof tops. I, presonally, am not really into catchy pop music but for some reason I find myself drawn to these songs and they sit proudly as an oasis of pop in the middle of my indie/alternative ridden ipod waiting to brighten up my day.

If you don't like love songs and songs about broken hearts I suggest you drop the CD and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction as this is basically the theme for the whole album. The lyrics are what can only be described as "sweet", they are not witty, they are not intelligent, they are not even that origional but they grab you by the heart and you can really identify with them and this is what gives this album such wonderful charecter and it's lyrics 8 stars.

This album was partially mixed in a she'd and it proudly displays this and uses it to the best of it's ability. It is not heavily mixed or over synthed it is not pretentious or overbearing it is just good british pop music and this is where it truly shines. My only complain is the fact that every single song on the CD is a love song. Would it kill them to be a bit creative? But apart from this the album is one of the best I have ever heard. It is also a great album to play as a band as it has so many different parts that all stand out so everyone can be involved.