Transmissions From The Satellite Heart review by The Flaming Lips

• Released: May 31, 1993
The Flaming Lips: Transmissions From The Satellite Heart

Compared to the Flaming Lips other albums I have (i. e. "Fight Test" and "Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell") this one is more upbeat, but just as experimental. They pull all the trippy noises but in a more happy/badass way. Some songs can sound Pop-y structured, but I don't see anything wrong in that. It seems the guitar is more apparent and has a tad bit more distortion than the other albums. The album when in any player isn't too soft so it's hard to hear, and it's not too loud to blow you away. All in all I like it a lot.

The lyrics are a lot like any of their albums; happy, yet slightly depressing. I think his voice really comes out, and he changes his singing style just a little bit more than he does on the other records. On some songs he goes into a deeper pitch than he normally would. The lyrics are very out there, but I love them a lot.

I like this album the best out of all the others because it's a better listen for me. The other ones are soft and nice when you're not feeling to well, but this one you can listen to all the time. I do wish it had more than 11 songs on it. I can't tell you any of the best songs right now because I'm at school and do not have the CD case oh well. I like how they go from acoustic numbers in a song and then go to electric and then back to acoustic. I could easily listen to this whenever I wanted to, and it'd compare to any other CD I have. They use a lot of the same ideas for songs, but you can only tell that from listening to their albums.

grahamby
    Fight Test and Ego Tripping aren't albums, they're singles. And you call yourself a fan...what a joke.
    grahamby
    Ego Tripping and Fight Test are singles, not albums. And you call yourself a fan.
    TerminalSpirit
    They'e EP's. So no, they are not albums, but they're not singles either. And you call yourself a fan?
    Roland_Casey
    Both got EP & Singles, all of u can check in their official site, and all of you call yourself a fans?