In The Shadow Of Two Gunmen Review

The Forecast: In The Shadow Of Two Gunmen
Release Date: May 30, 2006
Label: Victory
Genres: Indie Rock, Alternative Country-Rock
In The Shadow Of Two Gunmen plays as reassuring and familiar as it is invigorating and fresh.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
In The Shadow Of Two Gunmen Reviewed by: CherrySG33, on july 13, 2007

Sound: The Forecast shows once again that fairly unknown bands can still be great. As in their last album, "Late Night Conversations", The Forecast takes advantage of the most recognized characteristic of their music, dual vocals between Dustin Addis and Shannon Burns in all of their songs. This uncommon singing style is used mostly by exchanging lines in a "conversation", such as in the song "West Coast"; or mabey to switch singers at every verse and chorus, like in "And We All Return to Our Roots." But my favorite song is "Some Things Never Change" because of the beautiful harmonizations during the verses. Along with a brilliant singing style, the Forecast incorporates different styles of playing in their songs. For example, "And we all return to our roots" has a alternative rock sound during the verses, but breaks into a heavier sounding punk-style chorus. there are slower songs on the album like "Some Things Never Change" and "You are My Needle" that use smooth acoustic riffs as opposed to the heavier rock sound that the majority of the album uses. The song "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen" is an instrumental that has an erie sound while a poem is read in the background. To name a few of my favorites "And We all return to our roots", "May you one day Carry me Home", "West Coast" and " Some things Never Change." All in all, The Forecast has matured since their last album resluting in a new, better-over-all album that is a great buy without a doubt. // 10

Lyrics: In my opinion lack meaning in some spots, however are very well done in others. "And We all Return to Our Roots" has lines such as. "This letter sealed with a kiss and with a promise of a better life with a better view" and "All I want, All I want is a little place of my own where I can rest my head." This song talks about how we all have tough lives sometimes, but always go back to what we love (we all return to out roots) and all we really need is a place to call our own. The song "Some Things Never Change" is about a couple who is being seperated but wants to be together. "Just give me this, a slow dance, a last chance to tell you everything you need to hear, because the phone calls wont let me look you in the eyes, so I can tell you 'Sweetie Please Stay'." "I'm waiting for your call, it wont be long till we're hanging hopes from the stars." The lyrics are very sweet and full of emotion. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very good album for anyone. I'm sure that anyone can enjoy the sound that The Forecast brings, and I'm pretty sure you will like the lyrics too. I bought this album when I saw the music video for "And We All Return To Our Roots", it was that quick, I knew I had to have it. Once again, you will not regret buying this album. // 10

Comments