Late Night Conversations Review

The Forecast: Late Night Conversations
Release Date: May 17, 2005
Label: Victory
Genres: Indie Rock, Post-Grunge
Illinois-bred indie rockers the Forecast conjure up a likable albeit hardly daring take on the Promise Ring/Jimmy Eat World model with Late Night Conversations.
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Late Night Conversations Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 27, 2007

Sound: The Forecast is a band that doesn't really go out of their way to be different and unique, but they do it anyways, and they blow you away with it. The sound of this album is every bit rock n roll, but intense and deep at the same time. There are epic bits to the album and other bits that just rock out. This is an album that is best when you can sit and listen to it all the way through. Eventually it ends up as an experience. 01. Seating Subject To Availability - this song serves perfectly as the opener for this album. Good lyrics, good sound, just a solid song and a perfect sample of what you're about to get. 02. These Lights - the first single from this album. This song is amazing and deep, but not overwhelming. At the end it just plain rocks out and rises to a climactic finish. 03. Helping Hands - arguably the best song on the album, depending on what mood you're in. This song impacted me on a huge level and I wouldn't be surprised if it did the same to a huge number of people other than me. An amazing song. 04. Fade In Fade Out - this song is a great one through and through. True Forecast material. 05. Whiskey's Dead You're Next - this is a really deep song. The lyrics really hit home for some people. 06. Late Night Conversations - one awesome song. Truly serves up to the title. 07. Apr - one of the best on the album. Makes you really think. 08. Exorcise Demons - quite possibly the best on the album, tied up with Helping Hands. This song made me cry, and I don't cry. 09. Sleep Tight Tonight - this song, actually, in all truth, made me cry as well. that's all I have to say about it. 10. Losing Signal - this song is so brutally honest and open, and the lyrics go very deep. While it is a really short song, and not the catchiest by any means, it will really make you stop and think. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are some of the best I've ever heard. Truly deep and meaningful. So well written, it's truly amazing. The lyrics flow and seem to intertwine in and out of each other. Dustin Addis has a true talent for lyricism. He also has an incredible voice, which makes for incredible delivery of the lyrics. The female in the band (I forget her name) has an equally amazing voice. Her voice is awesomely powerful which makes for a powerful delivery. Just like Dustin. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is in my top five of all time. It changed my life, and it could probably change yours if you sat down and listened to it all the way through. I listen to this CD more than any other. The sound is unique, the lyrics amazing and also unique, and each song a true work of art. You can't ask for much more than that. // 10

Comments