Costello Music review by The Fratellis

• Released: Sep 11, 2006
The Fratellis: Costello Music

The sound to this whole album is great. Every single track from "Flathead" to "Everybody Knows You Cried Last Night" is a toe tapping, sin-a-long type track.There's some super jump up and dance around songs and just ones that you sing too and think about. No matter what track your listeneing to, it's great. It's a throw back to old school and has tons of other influences as well. I think one way that the guitarists, Jon Fratelli, got so many different good riffs was that he seems to have some sort of swing guitar influence that can be quite prevalent and is missing from today's music scene. For my tastes, it's a welcome sound. I give any person with any kind of musical tastes (except for maybe metal) this CD and I guarantee they will fall in love with one of the tracks, if not all of them.

Some of the lyrics are very easy to idnetify with ("Flathead", "Vince the Lovable Stoner") while others can be a bit more cryptic ("Got Ma Nuts From a Hippy", "Doginabag"). However, no matter what it is, the music compliments every track very well. You may not no what the words are or mean, but you'll be singing them.

Some of my favorite songs from the album are "Flathead", "Whistle For the Choir", and "Ole Black and Blue Eyes". The only thing I hate is that all the songs get stuck in my head! I guess that's just a side effect of it's goodness. If this were stolen, I'd buy it again just to have it!

AlreadyTooLate
    Whenever you can do that with your music. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Someone please tab that version. It's beautiful.