Costello Music review by The Fratellis

• Released: Sep 11, 2006
The Fratellis: Costello Music

There sound is fairly original considering that most bands nowadays have, high girlie voices and power chords or deep raspy voices and power chords. However most of their songs sound generally the same. The music is very upbeat, very danceable (I tend to always find myself making ridiculous arm movements when I listen to the album). It's fun and likeable stuff, the recording is clean, and the sound is pure. Good stuff.

Well. Considering how upbeat and pop-ish the music and the way it is sung, reading the lyrics is a shocker. Although once you get to the point where you can sing along, it meshes perfectly and it's just a good time. The lyrics are very, let's say truthful, but it's sung mostly very fast and slurry so you can't quite understand the words all the time. The words speak the truth of what goes on behind, let's say, locked doors and inside clubs and bars. It's some fun times.

This album is definitely my favorite at the moment. Each of the songs are amazing in their own way and makes me feel quite happy inside. The singles (and most recognizable) are Chelsea Dagger and Flathead. The most notable song is definitely Whistle For the Choir, as it is the only 'slow', personal song on the album, it's a nice change. My personal favorite song is Creepin' Up the Backstairs, it's upbeat, somewhat dirty, somewhat lovely. I love how much fun it is to dance around the room like a crazy person to this album, I hate how fast all of the songs seem to go by. I already have this album backed up, but if I had lost it before I had copied it, I would have bought it again. The sound on the album is much better than any other downloadable version.

mikr_guitar
    Alright. There's good, healthy criticism, and then there's posting THIS BAND SUCKS in places where people obviously like the band. You should at least respect other musicians for the fact that they make music, just like you do.