How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

The Fray is a very different and unique band. Nowadays, all we hear is screaming guitars and screamo singers. The instrument that you most listen to in The Fray is the piano. The piano has the melody and most of the riffs. Joe plays beautifully while he sings. In the background, bass, guitar, and drums are playing, but the main focus is Joe and his piano. Some of the best music is on "Over My Head (Cable Car)."

The lyrics in this song really hit home and I can completely relate to them. I've been in bad relationships, gone through breakups, etc. But The Fray really puts the feelings into words ("But that's how it's got to be/ It's coming down to nothing more than apathy"). Some of their lyrics talk about growing up, breaking up, love, etc.

The Fray is definately up there. I love that they are completely different from the rap/metal/rock/pop stuff that we're all so bored with. The Fray have their own sound, their own perspectives, and speak in a way I can relate to. My favorite songs off this cd are "Over My Head (Cable Car)," "Hundred," "How To Save A Life," "Trust Me." But they are all great songs. If this CD were lost or stolen from me, I would definately buy it again (although it's already on my computer).