How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

The main instrument being played on the album is the piano. It's the piano that makes what the album is. The drums are terrific, so is the bass. The clean guitar goes well with the piano. Their style is similar to Coldplay's, where they have slow songs and a moderate beat. The majority of their songs are slow, with a few upbeat songs. They are one of those 'Easy-listening' artists.

The lyrics are well-thought out. The songwriter definitely put some meaning into the lyrics. The verses sung by the pianist in several songs are catchy. For example, ("Let's rearrange/I wish you were a stranger I could disengage"). The singer's voice is mellow and he puts some emotion into the songs. He doesn't go over the top; his voice is just right on key.

The Fray are one of the best artists to listen to in this generation. They are mellow and they don't have that many upbeat songs. This is an album where you can listen to it at night and fall asleep to it. Some of the highlights on the album include 'She Is', 'How To Save A Life', and their single 'Over My Head (Cable Car).' Those are my favorites. I personally don't like 'Little House'. It sounds dark and gloomy and doesn't fit on the album. Overall, The Fray are definitely worth listening to.