How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

The Fray is an alternative band, hailing from Denver, Colorado; known for its unique sound with piano and guitar blending in the music with a mix of pop and alternative rock sounds to make up the frays meladys. The album How to Save a Life is under the Epic Sony label, and was released to the public on September 13, 2005. However the album did not recieve much attention until about six months later after MTV and VH1 had started to air their music video and hit single, "Over My Head."

The lyrics are very deep with topics addressed on songs such as confronting substance abuse, and fighting. The lyrics match the song clearly and the words in the songs lyrics never once sound out of place. The lryics were written over many years before the album was recorded as many debut albums do.

The Fray's album How To Save A Life cannot really be compared to any other sound on the current or past music scene, because they sound so unique and blend in serveral different styles. Although the whole album is easy to lisen and good I would have to recommend the first four songs on the CD out of the twelve which are She Is, Over My Head, How To Save A Life, All At Once. Likes: the unique sound, blended meledies, and lryics; dislikes: I don't have very many other than the last song trust me. Overall The Fray's first debut album should be considered a must have to any fan of alternative music, or like the Denver scene.