How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

Their sound is like no other. It is a meloy blend between Alternative rock and pop. They have a very calming and melodic sound to their music. The thing that seperates them from a lot of pop rock bands is the piano they have in all of their songs. Coming out of the Denver music scene this band blew to the top of the charts with their hit single Over My Head (Cable Car). They also got a slot on Grey's Anatomy, where they made an exclusive vieo of How To Save A life. Overall I was very impressed and loved the sound of this band.

The lyrics, next to the impressive piano, where probably the best thing about this album. Ranging from girl problems and friends turning your back on you to drug abuse and fighting. These lyrics fit right in with the piano sound. And the singer is perfect. I can't really complain in this department.

This is a must have CD for any fan of alternative/pop rock music. And I myself can't wait until their next album. By far the most impressive songs on here are; Over My Head(Cable Car), She Is, How To Save A Life, All At Once, and Look After You. My favorite part from this album where the lyrics and how the piano complimented them. The only dislike I have is that this CD isn't as strong overall as many other CDs are from. It gets kind of boring at the end with a very long piano intro on one of the tracks that may just put you to sleep. I would definatly buy this album again if I where to misplace it or loose it.