How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

Amazing sound. The Fray has a very unique sound that makes each song different and remarkable, you've got soft songs like "How To Save A Life", "Over My Head" then you've got heavier songs like "Little House", whilst other songs like "Dead Wrong" have memorable riffs that'll have you listening to them again and again. The guitar and drums in here aren't showy, the drums just keep beats, and the guitar gives good accompaniment for the main star, Issac Slade's vocals and piano, Slade has a low voice, but is melodic and soothing and makes listening to this album more enjoyable.

Lyrics are poetic and at times touching, I sometimes find myself mouthing the words or even singing along without knowing it, Issac Slade's voice is good and they kind of help bring out the meaning of the lyrics to me, the songs cover a range of different things that are reflected with the band's life and is really touching.

I would most definitely buy a replacement for this album if I lost it, the music here is so unique it's really hard to find another band that makes this kind of music, I listen to punk, alternate rock mostly so this is a really good alternative for me once I'm tired of the distortion and crazy drumbeats. If you don't have it I'd really recommend this album to you, it's worth every dollar you pay for it.

sam4
    i think little house is the best track on the album, but its all good!