How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

This is one of the most unique bands I've quite honestly ever heard. Their music is in a way down beat but it isn't as slow and patient as someone like ColdPlay's. Their music has to do with relationships lost and I myself find it very strange home many different ways they can describe it. But then again once you start listening you can't seem to stop. This was a CD I got because my friend told me to get it but I had no idea that it would be one of my personal favorites later down the road considering it took me 2 months to open it out of its wrapping and listen to it.

The lyrics aren't as detailed I think as someone like My Chemical Romance or Red Jumpsuit Apparatus but I do think they are comparable in many ways for instance their ability to paint images in your head and keep them there through-out the song and being able to get the point and entire story line through to you in a mere few minutes. I haven't ever actually made an effort as to the musicians considering how much you are actually listening to the vocalist. The thought of the instruments had never even crossed my mind until I had thought about making a comment towards that subject.

I do think there are a few that would keep up with this music but it is great if you haven't heard this band before and will certainly keep you entertained. I think the most impressive songs would be She Is because I've practically lived everything they sing and How To Save A Life just for the impressive lyrics and way it captures your attention in the most curious ways. If I lost this CD I would try to steel it back from a friend before I went and bought it again.

[NIN]_ROCK!
    Great album,I think the title says it all....at least it helped me out in some f*cked up times
    7thriff
    Yea little house is probably the best, the solo could be better butits an awesome track. unsaid is good to, but the rest is a bit samey.