How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
The Fray: How to Save a Life

I popped this CD into my dads Corvette and we started driving. Very good music, also well produced. The bass wasn't too loud, the piano was extremely well done, but there are two major issues with "How to Save a Life." The first, which is arguable, is that the guitar is nothing special and it is barely noticable on most songs. The second is that you only have to listen to about three songs to hear the whole album. If you didn't catch that, all the songs sound the same!

The lyrics on this album were dissapointing. I thought they would be a bit more Christian considering their faith (and my faith too I might add), but they were the same old Simple Plan love lyrics you have to sit through on the radio every day. As for the signer's voice, I think he has a lot of potential. I can see him going solo someday, as long as he hires a songwriter.

This album was alright. Good music, but the lyrics didn't touch me like Christian lyrics are supposed to. The best songs on this album are Over My Head (Cable Car), How to save a life, and Heaven Forbid. If it were stolen, I have it ripped onto my Windows media player, so I wouldn't buy it again. Good for those who don't mind crappy guitar playing, meaningless lyrics, and songs that sound the same. God bless all of you.

Mr. Garrett
    This album is pretty good i really love the soothing sound. its better than that heavy, cussing, take over the human race kinda crap ot there..but the songs really do sound mostly the same. but who cares i love this album and i know u will 2. its worth every penny.