How to Save a Life review by The Fray

• Released: Jul 22, 2005
The Fray: How to Save a Life

I usually listen to harder music, and How To Save A Life is not harder music. However, this isn't really a bad thing. Obviously, any kind of music can be good, though some soft rock or similar musci can be sappy, whiny, poorly written and otherwise, and yes, this is very present with some Christian groups. However, I think The Fray nailed this one perfectly. Do not resist the temptation, buy it. No, it's not explicitly Christian at all, with only vague references to God in one or two songs. Even if you're not religious, this is a great album.

I liked many of the lyrics, though sometimes they tend to blend with the rest of the album or else come out a tiny bit corny. Other than that, the album is lyrically great. The lead singer is average; nothing special, but some songs are better than others. All of them are definitely worth your money.

I really love this piano-driven rock that they've established. The best songs are probably tracks 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Really, I love pretty much everything about this album, sans the singer's sometimes-barely-passable vocal skills. Were this album lost/stolen/burnt/blown up/melted/hit head-on with a large, heavy item/spit on until it died, etc, I would definitely replace it. I'm glad I bought this, plus it's nice to listen to while I'm doing schoolwork.

pigmaggots
    why does everyone like the first half of the album but not the second half? I think its an ace album the whole way through!
    LCR13
    Great album! And to those who want to know: Piano/Vocals: Isaac Slade Guitar/Vocals: Joe King Guitar: David Welsh Drums: Ben Wysocki