The Wretch review by The Gates Of Slumber

• Released: May 10, 2011
The Gates Of Slumber: The Wretch

This album is the best of Doom and Classic metal. There is an overall groove to the album. The opener is called "Bastards Born" and is classic doom. It drones on and has an awesome solo. I read the liner notes and "Lord" Karl Simon and company sound like they had some very negative personal issues while writing and recording this awesome slab of meat. Excellent overall piece of music.

The lyrics are somewhat personal and very depressing. They compliment the music very well. I really love the solos and the way Karl Simon plays his SG and sings throughout the album. The bass player and drummer compliment each other and sound like they have been together for more than just this album. Excellent music and and lyrics.

I usually research and listen to a bunch of songs prior to my purchase. But this time I went with a Decibel magazine review of this piece of awesomeness. I must say I was blown away by these guys and plan on purchasing the rest of their library. Check these guys out, they do not let down.